Monday, March 24, 2014

Messieurs Who Blog: David Rochez "From New York To Texas"

To Blend... or To Lead?








"No matter where we New Yorkers go, well,  we just stand out"

-David Rochez 


David Rochez has the New Yorker state of mind, "If it isn't a way, create a way". Take a guy from NYC and put them in Houston, you'll be sure to see lots of head turns. Not just because of his New Yorker tone and fast walk, but his stylish appeal is captivating and doesn't go unnoticed. Mr. Rochez appreciates the Houstonians  for their culture and way of life "It slowed me down but in a good way" says Rochez.  However he is excited to influence his New Yorker spirit with his blog and menswear journal "From New York To Texas". He hopes it inspires and educate young men to appreciate different styles and fashion.


The Interview





MM: How is Texas style different from New York style? 
DR: This is a great question, New Yorkers make an effort in fashion not to say some Houstonians don't but when you think of NY you think of cold weather, rude people and people who can dress, people care more about their appearance. Houston is very conservative, it's slowly getting there with people moving from New York, LA and even Europe to inspire change and growth. 

MM: How would you describe your style?
DR: I like to say my style is traditional with a twist and very edgy.

MM: Which state do you love the most and why?
DR:  THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HOME!! Growing up in NY you have a sense of pride in saying "I'm from NY". The way you walk, talk, conduct yourself and view life its a lot different that people wouldn't understand if your not from NY.

MM: Where are your most favorite areas in NYC and in Texas, to shop?
DR: Soho of course! but in Houston I got introduced to thrifting. There's n area called Montrose in Houston that's big in thrifting.

MM: What stores do you love shopping in the most? Why?
DR: Urban Outfitters, French Connection, J-crew, Club Monaco and a local resale shop called Charity Guilde. At the resale shop I bought a Christian Dior suit for a very good thrifing price and now they get all of my money. 

MM: Who is your favorite designer and why?
DR: I really don't have a favorite designer, I enjoy being creative and putting my outfits together.

MM: What piece can't you live without? (hat, scarf, tie etc) Why?
DR: Honestly my watch, I love love watches but my gold Seiko is something I throw on with every outfit. If I had to pick a 2nd item would have to be my Leather jacket I got thrifting for $10 dollars from the Goodwill.

MM: Why did you create From New York to Texas?
DR: What made me create 'From New York to Texas' was to educate men on appearance and style not be so one sided with fashion.

MM: How do you like working at Cole Han and how does it relate to your blog/lifestyle?
DR: I enjoy working at Cole Haan, seeing the latest trends in shoes and connecting with my clients. It relates to my blog because I can show people how to care for your shoes the correct way and how I pair my shoes with the outfits I wear.

MM: What's the most important thing you want people to remember you for?
DR: I just want to inspire people to put an effort in how they look. Appearance is everything, why cut yourself short because you didn't have on the correct attire for an interview and because of that you didn't get the job.

MM: Where do you see yourself in five years?
DR: I see myself back home in NY blogging and doing something fashion related. 

MM: Who is your celebrity style crush and why?
DR: Lol! Janelle Monae that whole women in suit thing is sexy to me, Vashtie's like a female Pharrell, Teyana Taylor because shes edgy and natural.

MM: What do you appreciate about women's beauty and a style?
DR: I love women who can dress and  be creative and put outfits together. Who understand what they like and know what looks good on there bodies. Who isn't over the top but not to simple either. I just love women. 

MM: What else do you do for fun in Texas?
DR: For fun, i'm either in the gym playing basketball or trying to gain weight, going out to eat, wine tasting or just hanging out with great company.

MM: What or who gives you motivation and or inspiration?
DR: As cliche as this sounds my family gives me my motivation. Being well dressed when I go out inspires me, i just enjoy looking sharp.



David Spring 14 Must Haves:

DR: The perfect denim jacket and adding more color to my wardrobe!


Want the items on David's spring list?



hm.com jean jacket $45


zara.com 
Designer Inspiration

Burberry Prorsum SS14 (picture curtesy Style.com)

Retail Therapy 

Jcrew.com


Read From NY to TX! 
www.frmnytotx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment